When you want your kiosk project done right the first time then it’s time to hire the kiosk software development experts.
Our experienced team of kiosk software developers have the expertise to design great performing kiosk software that’s a pleasure to use.
Our kiosk software development services include:
- Developing your custom kiosk software from the ground up
- Guiding you through your first kiosk deployment
- Helping you find the right kiosk manufacturer
- Achieving EMV and PCI compliance for accepting credit cards
- Developing support for popular payment devices
- Designing a touch friendly user interface
- Securing your kiosk to prevent malicious user tampering
- Working alongside your existing team…we play nice with others
Identifying How Our Kiosk Software Developers Can Best Serve You
The first step in developing your perfect fit solution is finding the right solution path. This boils down to one of the following options:
- Recommending a new custom solution
- Leveraging your existing solution (i.e. an existing website)
Initial Requirements Gathering
Typical Duration: 2-4 hours
In our initial phone call our goal is to determine if our services are a good fit for your unique needs. We start by asking a series of questions that help us better understand your kiosk project requirements.
The initial call typically takes about 45-60 minutes in order to get a good feel for what your kiosks need to do.
After the initial call our expert kiosk designers will review your requirements to determine feasibility and we’ll schedule a second follow-up call.
On the follow-up call we’ll need clear answers to the following questions:
- When do you want to deploy your first kiosks?
- Who is going to make the buying decision?
- What is your budget?
It is critical that we have answers to these questions before we can move forward with the design phase of your kiosk project.
There is no charge for this initial requirements gathering phase since our goal is to get to know you better and determine if we can be of help with your kiosk project.
If the above questions have been sufficiently answered and you decide to move forward with the next design phase of the project a design charge will apply.
Typical Duration: 2-4 weeks
Just as you wouldn’t build a custom home without a blueprint, custom kiosk software also requires a detailed blueprint. Your detailed design acts as the blueprint for your kiosk software.
Your kiosk design will give you the peace of mind of knowing exactly how the end product will look, how much it will cost and when it will be ready before we write a single line of code.
Since we’ll know your budget before we beginning your design, we can help you make selections to ensure our design fits within your budget.
Design activities include:
- Identifying your success criteria
- Mapping your typical kiosk customer workflow
- Detailed requirements mapping
- Wireframe screen mockups
- Matching the look and feel of your kiosk to your brand
- Crafting an attractive and touch-friendly user interface
- Selecting the right kiosk hardware and payment devices
- Exploring monitoring and reporting needs
- Security and data storage
- User demographics and interface languages(s)
- User stories
- API interface design and review
- Identifying your ongoing maintenance and support needs
- Project timeline and detailed quote
Once your detailed design is complete, we’ll produce a refined project timeline and detailed quote. Since you’ve paid for the design it’s yours to keep regardless of if you choose to have us move forward with your kiosk project.
Changing a design is much quicker than changing your code so the design phase is one way we help ensure the best use of your resources.
Kiosk Software Development
Typical Duration: 2-4 months
The kiosk software development is the longest phase of your project because it’s where we transform your design into a functioning kiosk application. In many cases we’ll also create a centralized web portal for administration and reporting.
Development activities include:
- Database design
- Integrating with APIs and 3rd party systems
- Developing automated quality assurance tests
Customer Review and Quality Assurance Testing
Duration: 2-4 weeks
Prior to releasing your kiosk software to a production environment you’ll have the opportunity test drive your application and ensure it meets all of your expectations.
We’ll also perform quality assurance testing to ensure your kiosk will perform well for your users.
- Setting up a virtual kiosk so you can test in-house
- Customer user interface review
- Quality assurance testing
- Integrating customer feedback
Duration: Client’s Choice
We’ll prepare your kiosk software for launch, handling all of the necessary work to get your application onto your server.
Deployment and configuration of your kiosk software can be performed independently or by our experienced kiosk software developers. In order to save on costs, we’ll train your staff to configure and deploy your new kiosks internally.
Our kiosk software developers will remain available to resolve any post-deployment issues that might arise including software defects. Post deployment maintenance and support is an included service for the initial 30 days after deployment. Ongoing maintenance and technical support services are also available for an additional cost.
Serious about moving forward with your kiosk project? Checkout this article on How Much Does it Cost to Build Custom Kiosk Software.
Contact us today to learn more about our kiosk software development services and help ensure your kiosk gets built right the first time.