Why use an Escape Room Kiosk?
The benefits of using an escape room kiosk include…
- Self-service lowers the burden on your staff
- Better customer service without increasing headcount
- Shorten customer wait times
Bookeo makes it easy for businesses, like escape rooms, to take online reservations over the web.
We’re going to leverage the Bookeo web-based booking system to allow your customers to book your escape room directly from your conveniently located escape room kiosk.
Getting Started with Bookeo
Bookeo created the following escape room booking demo using their online booking system.
For the purpose of this article, we’ll use their demo website and run it in KioskSimple.
Setting up Bookeo is beyond the scope of this article, but the process is straightforward. They also offer a free trial when you’re ready to get started.
Once you setup your Bookeo account you’ll be able to embed their booking webpage directly in your existing website using the Bookeo widget.
This way the look and feel of the booking system matches your website.
For now, let’s proceed using the escape room booking demo.
Securing Your Escape Room Kiosk with KioskSimple
In order to secure your escape room kiosk, you’ll need the kiosk software KioskSimple.
KioskSimple ensures that your escape room kiosk is always up and running and prevents malicious user tampering.
Press Continue to save your changes then close the configuration tool.
Now start KioskSimple in Test Mode and you’re ready to test drive your escape room kiosk.
When you’re ready to exit, press ESC and enter the default password of “kiosksimple”. Then select the option to “Close KioskSimple” and you’ll be back at the Windows desktop.
Selecting a Kiosk
Kiosks are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. Since KioskSimple runs on Microsoft Windows, it’s important your kiosk is running Windows 7 or newer.
For the purpose of your escape room kiosk we’ll consider a tablet kiosk and a full-sized freestanding kiosk.
Tablet Kiosk Pros
- Flexible mounting options (tablet, wall, floor stand)
Tablet Kiosk Cons
- Due to its smaller size it lacks the presence and ability to grab attention of a larger freestanding kiosk
Freestanding Kiosk Pros
- Grabs attention with its larger form factor
- Visible above crowds
Freestanding Kiosk Cons
- Takes up more floor space
Olea Kiosks makes a wide range of kiosks that are perfect for your escape room kiosk.
If you have any questions about how to setup your escape room kiosk, please contact us today for assistance.
We’re always happy to hold your hand through the process and help you select the right kiosk or tablet for your needs.
- Avoid These 12 Mistakes Companies Make on Their First Payment Kiosk - April 6, 2019
- 6 Tips for Boosting Customer Engagement at Your Kiosks - March 23, 2019
- How to Create a Customer Survey Kiosk - November 8, 2017