If you’re using a kiosk to display a website(s) then chances are you don’t want your users to be able to browse wherever they please. You want to keep your website on the kiosk at all times so that you control exactly what your customers see while using your kiosk. We’ve made this easy with KioskSimple and no coding or nerd degree is required.
KioskSimple uses a hybrid whitelist (websites that are allowed) and blacklist (websites that are blocked) for maximum security and flexibility. In order for a website to be displayed on your kiosk it must be both included in the whitelist and not include in the blacklist. I’ll do an example below so you can see just how easy this is.
In this example we’ll say I want to put the website www.kiosksimple.com on my kiosk and allow the user to view ever webpage except those under the “Accounts” section. I can accomplish this in just a few easy steps:
- Run the KioskSimple Configuration Tool and navigate to BROWSER->WEBSITE FILTERING.
- Set Enable website filter to ON.
- Add a Whitelist rule for “http://www.kiosksimple.com/*”. The star at the end is a wildcard and this rule will allow the user to view every webpage on the site.
- Add a Blacklist rule for “http://www.kiosksimple.com/account/*”. This will block all webpages under the accounts section.
- Save your changes and you’re done!
KioskSimple also supports the use of regular expressions which allows you to write powerful website filtering rules for more complicated websites. We wanted to make it easy for KioskSimple users to control exactly which websites can display on their kiosks so that you have total control over the user experience. Try a free unlimited time demo of KioskSimple today!
Latest posts by Andrew Savala (see all)
- 6 Tips for Boosting Customer Engagement at Your Kiosks - March 23, 2019
- How to Create a Customer Survey Kiosk - November 8, 2017
- How to Create a Net Promoter Score® Survey Kiosk - October 25, 2017