The Windows operating system regularly pops up dialog windows which could interrupt your kiosk users or worse compromise the security of your kiosk. KioskSimple enables you to configure which popup windows should be allowed to display (if any) and which should be automatically closed. By blocking popup windows you eliminate potential distractions to your kiosk users and help ensure that their experience on your kiosk goes smoothly.
The popup window blocking feature in KioskSimple is enabled by default but I’ll show you how to create a custom popup window rule in a few easy steps:
- Launch the KioskSimple Configuration Tool
- Navigate to the section SECURITY->POPUP WINDOWS and verify that “Enable Closing Popup Windows” is ON
- Click ADD to create a new rule. The example rule below will block popup windows for Windows Media Player.
- Save your settings and launch KioskSimple
If for example you just wanted to block all popup windows on your kiosk regardless of their title then you’d create a rule with a Window Title containing just the wildcard “*”. This would ensure that the popup window is closed no matter it’s title. KioskSimple also includes other useful kiosk security features like filtering out system keystrokes like Ctrl-Alt-Del and ensuring that the kiosk never sleeps or hibernates. Try a free demo of KioskSimple for Windows today!
Latest posts by Andrew Savala (see all)
- How to Plan Your Payment Kiosk Workflow - May 4, 2019
- Selecting Kiosk Payment Devices, Don’t Paint Yourself into A Corner - April 25, 2019
- Get to Market Faster with An MVP Kiosk - April 20, 2019